These are the meals that I make for my family. I try to make well rounded dinners that all can eat. I'm a meat and potato girl by heart, so most of my foods resemble comfort foods. Cuz even if you're trying to lose weight you still need comfort food!

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Shrimp and snap pea stirfry

Well February has been a write-off for many reasons and I've obviously been neglecting this blog!

Here's one of my go-to recipe's.


Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Servings: 4
Points Plus value: 10

2 boxes of the cheapest shrimp rings in the store, thawed, de-tailed and rinsed.
2 servings of angel hair pasta (according to box)
1 carton (4 cups?) low sodium chicken broth
4-6 cloves garlic
4 cups sugar snap peas
1 tbsp butter
3 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp dried parsley
2 tbsp grated parmesan (or more/less according to taste)

Cook pasta in chicken broth, drain and set aside.
Melt butter in wok or large sauce pan on medium heat.  Add in minced garlic.
When garlic is starting to brown add parsley, olive oil, shrimp and peas.  Toss until peas are semi-soft and shrimp is heated through.
Throw in pasta and parmesan.  Toss to coat.
Serve immediately.




2 comments:

  1. I think your snap pea and Shrimp Stir Fry was healthy because it has a vegetable. I will try to cook this and I'm hoping that my kids will love it too. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete